Thursday, June 4, 2009

Alright, Jeremy here:

So you may have been wondering how I made those lighter pics? Did I buy a sound sensor? Light sensor? Make one? Or did I do something where I only used my camera and a tripod?

If you guessed the last one, you are right!

Heres what you do:

  1. Open up your on board flash.
  2. Put your camera on the tripod.
  3. Set the shutter speed to maximum (this will be lower than without the flash)
  4. Now there are two ways to go, timer, or shutter. Shutter is better, so I will talk of that mainly, but I will mention the other.
  5. Focus in on a proper place, you can use any kind of lens you want.
  6. Take about 20 pictures of you performing the action (in raw). Let the water drip, spark the lighter, and each time take a picture. Figure out how to do it with one hand or get a volunteer ro do the action.
  7. You may get 1 good one, 5 good ones, or 20 good ones (it could happen).
  8. Delete all the bad ones on your camera where you missed the action.
  9. Post editing:
  10. Look through all your pictures.. Choose the best 3 (an outside oppinion helps here)
  11. Edit them boosting an aspect (I use UFRaw, a free linux program). Lighters=hot, hot=red, make it more red. Water=cool, cool=blue, make it more blue. You get the idea.
  12. Just play with it untill you like it.
  13. DO NOT be afraid to crop it and rotate it for effect!
  14. Save it to a full res JPEG.
  15. Post them here so I can see!

* Devient art is being stupid, so click on the large thumbnail to see the picture. I will have this kink worked out soon.


Spark Dragon by ~vanpaun on deviantART

No comments:

Post a Comment